Thursday, January 8, 2009

Desaturated

This photo is the desaturated (a/k/a/ black and white) version of today's post on my other blog, St. Louis Daily Photo. It's interesting to compare the two. You don't see a lot of B&W HDRs around but they can be very interesting. Most HRD images are in lurid color. It's hard to choose, but I think I prefer this one to the color version. If I went back to it in Photoshop, I think I'd darken it and/or increase the contrast some.

Which version do you prefer?

4 comments:

Virginia said...

After much thought, I go with the BW. Far be it for me to give you advice, but I too would bump the contrast just a titch and see if you like it.
V

PJ said...

Yup, just a titch.

Miranda McAfee said...

I have to say the B&W. I love the drama

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Well, I don't know if you have darkened this up since you posted it, but I love this one just as I is now....I didn't see the color one yet, but I am a big fan of black and white. If I was asked to describe this in one word, it would be.....electric!